I have too much free time, an overactive mind, a sarcastic ass like quality, and I think my cat's better than yours. So, I started a blog. Welcome to madness, this is Jelly v. Jam.

Friday, May 20, 2011

A Tale In Two Sagas

THE LESSON:


You may remember the mentioning of my vacation to the sub-continent of India.  It was a remarkable trip!  I finally got to see so many of the places that I’ve only studied about—including witnessing an actual Tibetan monk debate in Dharmsala.  I met all kinds of gurus and travelers like myself, who were simply trying to find a larger meaning to life.  

Overall, those whom I spoke to seemed to be right.  Go away, is the most remarkable piece of spiritual advice I’ve ever heard.  Whenever a problem gets to me, I now just go away.  Just look at all the practical applications:

Nothing on TV: 

 go away

Bad restaurant service: 

 just go away

Mortgage/rent/paper due: 


go away

Boss is yelling: 


go away

Screaming child: 


again go away

Man on fire:


OH GOD HE'S ACTUALLY GOING AWAY!!!

Nevertheless, these were not the points worth writing home about.  I remembered my friend Said was not far in neighboring Pakistan.  And more than a month and a half in India is more than enough.  So I decided, what the hell, I’ll give him a call and we’ll meet up somewhere and I can tack off another country in my book.  He was more than willing to meet up and show me some sights in his region of Hazara, just on the border of India and Kashmir.  

More to follow.

No comments: